Friday, April 24, 2009

Twitter

Exploring Twitter was a great assignment for the class. Before this assignment, I had read about Twitter in a magazine and how it was becoming popular among movie stars. I had no idea so many people in education were also Twittering. I use Twitter when I am at my computer, which is usually a few times a week. I haven't posted many comments. I really just enjoy reading other people that I follow, especially the teachers. They give useful information about teaching. I used Twitter to establish a contact with another teacher. I think this is a great way for teachers to communicate with one another and share ideas. Twitter's format is much like a chat room, and this could be used for class discussions. Teachers could also use Twitter to answer homework questions, and the students could help one another as well. I don't feel Twitter should be used with younger students. It is more suited for middle and high school students. I plan to keep my Twitter account active and use it on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment