Saturday, April 11, 2009

iTunesU (K-12 Videos)

WGBH has amazing videos that are useful for teachers of all grade levels. The videos are categorized in sections of K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. This makes it easy to search for a video targeted at the appropriate grade level. These videos are also short, sweet, and to the point, which is very important when dealing with younger children. Teachers can use these videos to introduce new concepts or help students grasp a concept that has already been taught.

The first video I watched was "Observe Clouds". This video explained the different kinds of clouds and how each of them are formed. This would have been very useful to me a few weeks ago in one of my college classes, because we studied just that. I will definitely use this video if I teach about clouds in my class. The second video I watched was "Solar Eclipse". I chose this video because the description stated it was a video of an actual eclipse. This interested me, because I have never actually seen an eclipse. I will use these videos on a regular basis in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment